Saturday, November 17, 2012

Leonid Meteor Shower

Photograph by Tony Hallas, Science Faction/Corbis
www.nationalgeographic.com
I just have to say I really love how much my kids love astronomy.  Last night Archer set the alarm on his watch for 3am.  I honestly thought he would roll over and go back to sleep when his alarm went off, but he didn't.  He got up and got everything ready, his sleeping bag and sleeping pads.  Then Archer woke up his dad, as he wasn't allowed to hang out in the front yard in the middle of the night alone, and his little brother.  Picasso was so excited to be included!  They set the sleeping pads up on the front lawn, laid back and watched the meteor shower.  From what I hear it was pretty spectacular!  Next year I'll have to join them.  The girls want to join in next time too.  Star gazing with your kids?  Definitely a should do!

No comments:

Post a Comment