Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday.  Nine years ago today I was just a few hours away from giving birth to my second child and my first daughter. 

We were sure we were going to have another boy.  There are multiple boys on both sides of our family before any girls.  So we figured that we would follow suit.  So when we had our ultrasound I was shocked to hear the tech say "It's a girl!".  My response - "Are you sure?".  Not that I didn't want any daughters, I just was so sure she would be a boy!  On the way home my son, who was just over 2 years old, asked if we could get a second opinion.  He wanted a brother so bad.  After we brought home our sweet baby girl her big brother took to her right away.  She has been such a joy in our lives. 

She is such a sweet, kind, loving child.  She has gone through a lot in her short life.  She rarely complains and works hard.  I am so grateful to have such a beautiful young lady as part of our family.  She makes every day better.  I am blessed to be her mother. 

I love you sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment