Saturday, September 3, 2011

Outdoor Ed

In just 3 short days my oldest child will be heading off to Outdoor Ed.  This fact brings many conflicting emotions.  I am excited for him to go on this adventure - hiking, zip line, camp fires, learning.  Yet it will be his first trip away from home without a parent along.  Part of me wants to lock him in his room and not let him go!  The fact that his door has no lock on it is besides the point.  It's hard to admit that your kids are growing up, especially when you keep asking them to stop.  We've got almost everything we need, just a few things to pick up (like a poncho), then packing everything up.  He even got a new camera, which he is super excited about.  It's nothing fancy, but it will work.  He'll be able to take a couple thousand pictures if he wants.  So I just need to buck up and admit that my baby is growing up.  He'll have a great time, though the rest of us will miss him.  Especially his younger brother who does not like being alone in his room at night.  I see a week long sleep over in his sisters room coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment