Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee.....Ouch He Stung Me!

I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee.  Won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee.  Ouch he stung me!

Did anyone else sing that song as a kid? I wasn't trying to bring the bee home with me, but I did get stung!  It was for a good cause, protecting my son's root beer.  Which he didn't even finish.....  Should have just let the bee climb in it!  While watching my son play soccer a bee was trying to get in his root beer.  I covered it with my hand to keep it out, as who wants to drink their soda only to find a bee in it.  The bee climbed all over the cup and my hand for about 10 minutes.  Then it stung me.  On the ring finger of my right hand.  Can you say ouchie?

Crazy thing was I had an allergic reaction to it!  I've been stung by bees more times than I can remember.  I rarely wore shoes outside growing up, so stepped on many a bee.  Maybe this was a revenge stinging?  Hmmm......  My finger swelled up, turned bright red, pain shot down my arm, and my whole arm got stiff.  Once the nausea hit my sweet husband made me take some benadryl and lie down.  It's two days later and I'm beginning to recover.  No nausea today (YAY!), I can mostly move my hand normally (though it still hurts), and my arm isn't as stiff.  Hoping it was just a freak thing and if I ever get stung again it will just hurt, but not react. 

Funny how after all these years I would have that kind of reaction.  Maybe the bee was just really potent.  Maybe after all those pregnancies my body chemistry changed just enough.  Maybe I would have always reacted that way to a sting in my hand vs my foot.  Either way I'm glad to be on the mend. 

Moral of this story.....let the bee have the soda and be happy about it. 

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard the body chemistry changes every seven years, which is why we grow out of and develop allergies somewhat randomly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. It was a very random thing, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete