Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Have Fun, Be Good, Come Back Safe

My oldest kiddo left for Outdoor Ed this morning.  For those of you who might not know Outdoor Ed is a 4 day adventure to the mountains that the 6th graders here go on.  They sleep in cabins, learn about orienteering, they learn about geology and nature, go on hikes, on a zip line, and much, much more.  It is something they look forward to with anticipation for years.  The time has finally come for him to go.  I did good; I mostly didn't cry!  We packed his bags last night (I hope he can get everything back in at the end of the week....), he made his lunch this morning, dropped off his bags at the school bright and early, went to breakfast, then time for drop off.  We dropped him off and took a few pictures before I took the younger kids to their school building.  I headed back to the big kids building (it's one school, two buildings).  I was able to get back in time to help load the buses up and see the kids off.  Watching them all sticking their heads out the windows while they waved goodbye was lots of fun!  How I am going to miss him though!  It's his first time away from home by himself.  I know he'll do fine.  He's a fabulous kid.  He is more than prepared for this new adventure, more so than his mom is.  He's got his camera, a large memory card and extra batteries.  I can't wait to see the pictures he takes!  Come home safe, but have a fabulous time!

One last wave goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment