Thursday, September 1, 2011

Math Wiz

A math wiz I am not.  I do okay at it.  I often had a hard time understanding it the way the teachers taught it.  My husband is all about math.  If teaching paid more being a high school math teacher would be his dream job.  My mom was really good at math too.  She'll probably disagree with the really when she reads this (hi mom!), but my grandma has told me the stories.  My dad is an architect and my father-in-law an aeronautical engineer.  So it should come as no surprise that my kids rock at math! 

My oldest has test anxiety pretty badly.  Even with that he chose to do 2 days of math testing last week.  I was proud of him for pushing through his anxiety to even test!  The testing was to skip 6th grade math and move onto pre-algebra.  Out of around 120 6th graders only 15 got chosen to be in pre-algebra (not all of them tested, they had to chose, with parental permission) to test.  You guessed it - he made it!  He came home with a letter and a HUGE smile on his face.  Congratulations kiddo!  I am so proud of you and know that you will rock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment